“Now all of you together are Christ’s body, and each one of you is a separate and necessary part of it.” 1 Cor. 12:27 NLT
At FBC we believe every member is a minister. All of us have gifts, abilities, and talents we can share so that God’s work is done. Serving through a ministry is also an essential part of being a growing Christian. The following list includes areas that might help you begin to imagine what part you can fill in the ministry of First Baptist Church serving each other and the surrounding community.
- Cleaning Crew – Various jobs that take a few minutes to an hour. This saves the church from having to hire a janitor.
- Grounds Crew – Various jobs that include weeding, mowing, trimming trees, or cleaning up the parking lot and fence line.
- Van Drivers/Assistants – Make rounds and pick up kids for Awana on Wednesday evenings, or, for Sunday School on Sunday mornings.
- Youth Workers – Invest in Junior and Senior High teenagers by spending time at The Annex, youth group, or in Sunday School.
- Awana Children’s Ministry – Invest in newborn through 6th grade children who attend our weekly Awana Club meetings on Wednesday evenings.
- Welcome Crew – Help make everyone feel welcome who attends Sunday services.
- Praise Team/Band – Sing and/or play an instrument during the music part of the worship service.
- Nursery Helpers – Care for infants newborn to 5 years old during the worship service. Volunteers are placed on a list that rotates weekly.
- Visitation Crew – Visit, read scripture, and pray with home bound or nursing home members of First Baptist Church.
- Multimedia Team – Help with sound, projection, and/or lighting during the worship service.
- Sunday School Teachers/Helpers – Teach or assist with students birth – 100 years old. Classes can be ongoing and/or 4-5 week topical classes.
- “Food from the Heart” – Prepare a meal for a family during a new baby, illness, post-surgery recovery, or at a time of grief.
- Kid’s J.A.M. Leaders & Helpers – Provide story time, games, and other fun activities for children kindergarten through 5th grade during the worship service on Sundays. Volunteers are on a list that rotates monthly.
- Softball Team – Play on the community co-ed FBC team during the spring and summer season.
- Clothing Ministry – Help organize and disperse clothing to visitors who are in need. This ministry is located at First Baptist Church-Franklin at the 2nd and Main street entrance across from Subway. The ministry is open every Thursday from 11am to 3pm.
- Coffee Crew – Help set up, make, serve, and clean-up the coffee area between Sunday School and the worship service weekly.
Something not listed? Do you have a special ability or skill that you can serve with? Or if you would like more information about finding your place at FBC, feel free to contact the church office at (937) 746-3911.